- Easier kitchen maintenance: Backsplash offers a splash-resistant surface behind your sink and counters that is incredibly easy to clean and maintain. The backsplash is typically made from glass, ceramic, stone or porcelain tiles that can be washed off with a rag or sponge, just like your counters. This means that you can keep your kitchen walls looking better while spending less time cleaning them.
- Reduction of pests: In most cases, pests gain access to the kitchen by crawling through cracks in the drywall. A backsplash can prevent pests because it creates a sealed barrier between your wall and your kitchen that pests are unable to get through.
- Preservation of your walls: Even if you avoid splashing or staining your walls, the steam from hot water and cooking can actually lead to damage and deterioration of your walls over time. Sealing the wall by installing a backsplash can prevent the effects that common stains and splashes in the kitchen can have over the years.
- Increased home value: Almost any home improvement project will have some impact on the value of your home, and this includes installing a backsplash. Many homebuyers make their decision based largely on the kitchen, and even small details can make your home stand out from the competition.
- Emphasis on personal style: More than anything, your kitchen should communicate your specific style and preferences. Adding a backsplash is a relatively simple and fun way to add a unique touch to your kitchen, and it won’t cost you a fortune. There are so many different styles of backsplash to choose from that you can really get creative with your final selection.
Categorised in: Home Supply
This post was written by Writer