- Hammer and nails: You should always have a hammer and a set of nails on hand. This will help you hang up picture frames and other items on your wall, or affix other items to each other with ease. Hammers come very much in handy for all sorts of jobs that involve pounding or prying, and every home should have at least one lying around somewhere.
- Batteries: Batteries aren’t necessarily tools, so to speak, but they still are essential items to have on hand in your closet or junk drawer. Make sure to have a good selection of AAs, AAAs, 9-volts and any other type of battery you use around your house so that if any of your battery-operated devices dies, you’ll be able to make the switch quickly. This is especially important for safety items like smoke detectors, which typically run on 9-volt batteries and must constantly run to alert you of any potential dangers in your home.
- Wrenches: You never know when you’re going to have to loosen or tighten a nut. It could be for a simple plumbing job, or it could be a part inside your vehicle that needs some adjusting. In any case, we strongly recommend you have a couple different sets of wrenches, including pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches and socket wrenches, to keep you covered for a variety of simple jobs around your house.
- Tape measure: This is one of the most essential tools for all DIY enthusiasts, whether you’re a skilled woodworker or a person who’s merely comfortable with a hammer and nails. A tape measure comes in handy in just about all jobs, enabling you to quickly make accurate measurements in a wide variety of areas.
- Flashlight: A lot of quick home repair jobs will happen in the dark, especially if they require you turning off electricity to a certain area, or working under a cabinet or crawl space. Therefore, you should keep a flashlight in your junk drawer, just in case you ever need to work in a dark area.
- Screwdrivers: You should have a couple different sizes of both Phillips and flathead screwdrivers in your junk drawer, as they’ll come in handy for all types of jobs.
Categorised in: Hardware Store
This post was written by Writer