- Furnace filters: A big part of making sure you won’t freeze to death in the winter is ensuring that your furnace works from the first snowfall until the first flowers pop up in the spring. Experts recommend that you hire an HVAC professional to inspect your furnace each year. But, if you don’t do that, the least you can do is change your furnace filters. It’s a simple DIY job that takes about one minute after you’ve purchased the new filters. Lucky for you, we sell filters for every kind of furnace imaginable!
- Window and door insulation: Up to 30 percent of the heat in your home can escape through your windows and doors—even if they’re closed for the whole winter! The heat escapes through cracks around the window sills and the door jambs. We sell a variety of supplies that can help keep that heat inside where it belongs. Pick up weatherstripping and caulking, as well as full window installation kits. If your windows and doors are really old, it may be time to replace them completely. We sell all of the top brands of exterior windows and doors that can match any style of home.
- Outdoor tools: You don’t just have to winterize the inside of your home. Things outside of your home need some love and attention, too. Come by our store to buy a ladder to clean your gutters. You’ll probably also want to trim up your hedges before the first snowfall. We sell a variety of trimmers to take care of any size hedge or plant.
- Carbon monoxide and smoke detectors: While they’re practically a necessity to get through the winter, furnaces can be a major hazard. If they start to break down, they can expel dangerous amounts of deadly carbon monoxide gas, which is both silent and odorless. The only way to detect a carbon monoxide leak is by picking up a carbon monoxide detector that will alert you if too much of the gas is in the air. You should also make sure all of your smoke detectors are in working order. We’re your one-stop shop for both of these items.
- Snow removal supplies: Last, but certainly not least, we sell snow shovels and snow blowers to get the bulk of the white stuff off your driveway, and we also carry salt to put down on the driveway to prevent ice accumulation.
Categorised in: Hardware Store
This post was written by Writer