- Hammer: The number one tool you need around the house is a hammer. You really can’t get much done without a simple hammer in your toolbox. If you don’t have one already, now is the time to go out and buy one!
- Pliers: Combination pliers come in handy in almost every home improvement or repair project. They can be used to tighten bolts, remove screws or cut wire. You might also want to have a pair of needle-nose pliers, which are perfect for electrical work or maneuvering in tight spots.
- Vise grips: You might not always have a partner to hold things in place while you make repairs. That’s where vise grips come in handy. All you have to do is adjust the screw, and your vise grips can hold objects right where you need them.
- Screwdriver set: A few different sizes of Phillips and flathead screwdrivers are absolute musts. Your set doesn’t have to be huge, but you’ll be amazed at how hard it is to complete projects without a selection of screwdrivers.
- Tape measure: Don’t eyeball your measurements—that’s only going to lead to frustration down the line. Instead, buy a tape measure. A simple tape measure only costs a couple of dollars and ensures everything you cut is the perfect size.
- Power drill: It may seem unnecessary at first, but having a power drill in your arsenal can be invaluable. Unless you’re planning on tackling some major home improvement projects, you only need a low-voltage drill, which is fairly inexpensive at any power tool store in Fleischmanns, NY. Stop by Wadler Bros. Inc. today to check out our vast selection of drills!
- Level: Did you just buy some new artwork to hang up in the house, or are you completing a woodworking project? If the answer is yes, you need a level! A level will ensure that your project is straight and everything looks picture perfect.
- Tapes and hardware: Finally, you should round out your toolbox with a variety of tapes (like duct and electrical tape) as well as different sized screws and nails. Having these things on hand will save you a trip to the hardware store anytime you need to fix something small or hang a painting.
Categorised in: Power Tools
This post was written by Writer